Thursday, May 13, 2010

Are you mad?

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time." Jack Kerouac

am I mad... or just 'beat'? a "beat-ific" vision of exalted exhaustion.

notes:
experiencing the "anxiety of influence" Harold Bloom writes about, struggling to free himself from his affinity for the work of a writer he'd admired, is a sign of finding your own literary voice.

Karouac: "I don't care what anybody says, but I'm pulled out of my shoes by wild stuff like that ("crazy jazz") -- pure whiskey! Let's hear no more about jazz critics and those who wonder about bop: -- I like my whiskey wild, I like Saturday night in the shack to be crazy, I like the tenor to be woman-mad, I like things to GO and rock and be flipped, I want to be stoned if I'm going to be stoned at all, I like to be gassed by a back-alley music..."

i want to be pulled out of my shoes by wild stuff like that... I like things to GO and rock and be flipped...

"write only what kicks you, and keeps you overtime awake from sheer mad joy."

"kickwriting"

this is the start to my beat movement assignment, view link to my Karouac webpage, currently being developed: http://sites.google.com/site/jackkarouackicks/

"Goofing at the table"

No comments:

Post a Comment