Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Rest in Punk



Josh Betterton (and me) in OKC:






Life, like pictures, sometimes gets a little out of focus, but my memories of you will never be hazy. I will always remember your wonderfully unique sense of humor, your love for music, your honest heart, your insane and crazy bands, your brilliant mind, and sharing so many good times (like the 90's, driving home from a concert with my head tilted so I could get in the car with my liberty-spiked hair)! I will miss you so much and I already do!  Thank you for having such a generous heart, and for just being you.  Being who you are is what made you such a great person, friend, brother, son, and father.

Joshua David Betterton
1-11-1976 - 11-10-2013



Josh's band, the Hopeless Destroyers
 

One night at the Red Cup



(...still at Red Cup)

Josh, you lived much longer than you ever thought you would, (especially when you were getting jumped for being a punk, and almost killed by skinheads for being a punk against racism!), but your life and passion for music wasn't long enough for the people who love you and who will always miss you, your bright blue eyes and your heart of gold.


 

Help if you can:

Josh Betterton Memorial Fund

Friends of Josh Betterton Memorial Page

These links have music samples from Josh's bands:

 Riot in the Plaza - Memoriam - Josh Betterton

Oklahoma Rock.com

(this pic by Tasha)

Classic Josh quotes:
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever have."

The Sunday Oklahoman
24 November 2013, P. 25A













No comments:

Post a Comment