Sunday, March 14, 2010

Revolutionize my thoughts




This weekend my sister and I were talking about recent dental work. Then she mentioned that when an elephant's teeth go bad, the only thing they can eat is very ripe or spoiled fruit, which makes them become drunk from the fermentation. When this happens, the elephant can become very dangerous and can wreck whole villages!

The example of the elephant reminded me of thoughts being like fruit and the elephant being like our tongue. When thoughts become negative, if we allow them to ripen or ferment, our tongue can become like the elephant who is eating rotten fruit, with the power to wreck whole villages! I guess it could be considered a type of mental hygiene, compared to dental hygiene.

The Light Pours Out of Me - Peter Murphy (Magazine cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment