Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's observance

Did you ever feel something approaching that has gotten into your head and its momentum is moving so fast but it seems to be going in slow motion like a car crash and there is nothing you can do to slow it down or change it but sit at the intersection and take it all in as you see it happen and say "muther......-uuuuckkkkerrrrr" until the moment of impact when it all collides? (inhales.......... deep sigh......) That's how I've felt about this new year taking over... I wasn't that aware of its approach, but I tremble at the intensity as I see it happening and I feel in awe all at the same time. I feel clipped by it somehow, but not in the direct path, and hope to hang back and survive, enough to come away with a little DIY ethic, some extra cash and maybe a new tattoo.

I chose this song to express the feeling because I had a dream that a friend of mine was playing this song on stage with Fugazi for a fundraiser at a beach in CA. I hadn't listened to this song in several years until I heard it again in my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment