Monday, April 4, 2011

Checkin out...


The morning I was checking out of the hospital after my surgery in February, my daughter was taking a picture out of the window of my room. I asked her what she was looking at and she said "the labyrinth, didn't you see it?" I didn't walk close enough to the window before that to see the view below where I stayed. I was glad I didn't miss it, one of my favorite themes! As we were leaving, I said I felt good enough to walk out on my own, without the use of a wheel chair, so the nurse insisted on accompanying me. I said that was good, because it is not easy to find my way out of a hospital, much like walking through a maze. A maze is different than a labyrinth, designed with a different purpose in mind.

At Full-Circle Book Store, I also came across a book on the subject of labyrinths written by three local authors. "Oklahoma Labyrinths - a path to inner peace," by Gail Peck, Linda Yeingst and Phyllis Pennington covers information about labyrinths in Oklahoma, some of the history behind labyrinths and the spiritual and cultural aspects of a labyrinth. It even includes a photo of the labyrinth I saw from my window. Looks very interesting!

(Picture my daughter took of the view of the Labyrinth from my room)

No comments:

Post a Comment