Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Interpol - Cain's Ballroom 4/20, Tulsa

Interpol

Being in Tulsa on Wednesday for doctor appointments has been an opportunity to take in some culture when possible. This week was exceptional, with a show including Interpol that opened with The School of Seven Bells. If you haven't heard TSSB before, they have a sound similar to the Cocteau Twins. Interpol was amazing to see live! The lead vocalist/guitarist, Paul Banks always makes me think of Ian Curtis/Joy Division. Although I sat/stood on the bench on the side of the ballroom, it was close enough to enjoy the show close up and relax at the same time. Don't let my doctor know I took in a show, the smoke was from the fog machines...

The only excitement aside from the show was the fact that when I got back to my car, my banana had liquefied in its plastic bag! I have no idea what would cause a banana to do that! It wasn't even hot outside. Pretty scary, what if that had been my brain?



No comments:

Post a Comment