Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Magic Carpets and Singing Bowls

This is it, the "magic carpet" I saw in Tulsa in February. I was back in Tulsa on Thursday for an appointment with my doctor. Afterward, I stopped again at the Persian Rug shop on Cherry Street. I stopped to park at a meter without realizing that I happened to park right in front of their shop. Inside the shop, the carpet was still in its place and still out of reach - hanging high above a doorway, as well as high in price - but the shop owner welcomed us back and let me take a picture. It's gorgeous, exceptional, authentic and full of mystique.

Stumbling into unexpected out of the way places is one of my favorite things, especially when it happens more than once! The owner said he'd make me a great deal on the carpet, so I may have to take it home with me one day. But for now, I am happy with the mystery.

Next, we made our way to Peace of Mind bookstore where I found a 1929 Edition of the Archko Volume for less than $10, which I did bring home. Downstairs in the shop below the bookstore we found Tibetan singing bowls. We tried some of them out in the store and they sound incredible. The bowls are used to raise a vibration sound that resonates throughout the room. The acoustics in the old building with high ceilings made it even better. My daughter found an antique singing bowl and bought it so we can use it at home. I'm still working on getting the sound without the vibes getting too strong which makes the wooden striker bounce off the side. Takes practice.



They also have the singing bowls that can charge water like the one shown here:



The Carpet Market:

No comments:

Post a Comment